You may not want to believe it, but the matter of the fact is that luck plays a big role in our lives. Sometimes you give it your best, but even then time has a different tale to say which is completely out of your hands. There are several cases where wearing a birthstone has brought in good times for many. And why wouldn’t you want to sport them when they look so adorable as well.
Studex has the widest range of fashionable birthstones which will not only bring luck and prosperity into your lives but also make you look gorgeous. There is a birthstone of significance for every month. From soothing Aquamarine to sparkling Diamonds, from the refreshing emerald to the stunning ruby, Studex has all of them in varying sizes and designs.
The birthstone for August is Peridot which has been used since centuries, and was originally called Olivine. The vibes of these beautiful lime green stone resonates energy which is believed to increase confidence and assertiveness. It also helps in maintaining a balanced mind with patience and clarity of thought.
Apart from stylish studs, Studex is known all over the world for manufacturing piercing systems that are absolutely safe on sensitive skin. Apart from that, Studex piercing systems are also loved because they make the procedure painless, easy and quick.
Now that you know that birthstones can bring in luck and beauty into your lives, visit the nearest Studex outlet, choose a birthstone and experience a painless piercing procedure!
Some say that Class is inherited, but it is not true. Studex believes that Class can be achieved after putting in efforts consistently. We have always made it a point that we can never compromise when it comes to quality. The technology that we use is nothing less than World-class. The standard that we maintain for all our ear piercing procedures is what has earned us our name. Today, there is no doubt that we are the leaders when it comes to ear piercing systems, but that does not stop us there. Our experts are continuously researching about the latest developments in the world of ear piercings and are trying to device better techniques.
All our products and procedures are aimed at offering absolutely safe piercings for your sensitive skin. We follow all the guidelines that need to be followed before we go ahead with any ear piercing procedures. We have two ear piercing systems called System 75 and Universal which are world famous for its ease of use and the painless piercings that they offer. We also have a wide range of studs that you can flaunt for every occasion that you can think of. Our designers keep in mind the changing trends in fashion before we come up with any new collection. You won’t have to go anywhere else and be rest assured that you are choosing from the most fashionable collection of studs when you are Studex! We also have a wide range of after piercing solutions to take care of your sensitive skin.
The best part of getting your ears pierced at Studex is the fact that it is so easy and painless that you wouldn’t even realize it. So when you know that when it comes to class there is no one who can match our standards in ear piercing systems and procedures, do not wait any more, hit the nearest outlet and Studex your ears right away!
Should you get your new-born’s ears pierced when she still is a baby or should you wait till she is older to get it done? This is a decision that every parent has to make and is based on their cultural background and personal experiences.
In western countries it is not usual to pierce a new-born’s ears and parents usually wait till their daughter is older. Whereas in Latino cultures, ear piercing is such a deep-rooted tradition and it’s very common to give a new mom gold ear studs for her new-born, and for the baby to leave the hospital wearing them. Even in India it is customary to pierce the baby’s ear when still an infant. Parents here believe that it is best to have the baby’s ears pierced when the skin is still soft and hence less painful for her.
A few things to ensure while getting your baby’s ears pierced are
- Consult your doctor about topical anaesthesia for the earlobes to minimise the pain during piercing. He may also recommend an antibiotic cream or lotion as after piercing care.
- Use jewellery and piercing instruments of a reputed brand made of hypoallergenic metal, to avoid any chance of rashes or any kind of allergic reaction to metals such as nickel.
- Go to a reputed piercing studio or artist and make sure they use sterilized equipment to prevent infections. It should be hygienic and must follow the correct procedure of piercing.
- Pierce your baby’s ear only when she is completely healthy. It is recommended to pierce her ears after rounds of DPT to provide protection against infections like tetanus.
- Hold the baby firmly and gently to help her stay calm so that her head does not move while getting the piercing.
- Try not to pierce her ears during hot and humid months as sweat and grime can cause infections. Keep earlobes clean and dry at all times.
- Distract your child and try to keep her hand away from the piercing. If she touches her ears constantly or tugs at it as it she may hurt herself in the process.
- Clean the piercing twice a day and rotate the earring so that the skin stays free from it. Always wash your hands before touching her ears.
- Dress your baby in such a way that it doesn’t interfere with the piercing. Take special care while changing her clothes or while bathing her. Keep her bed linen and towels clean, and change them frequently.
- Watch out for signs of infection and consult a doctor if you see any.
- Choose simple earrings and do not change them till the piercing is completely healed. The healing process may take anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks.
If the right precautions are taken, your baby’s ear piercing experience will be smooth and infection free.
Allergic reactions and infections are the two main concerns of piercings. In our last post we discussed the importance of hypoallergenic jewellery, and how it helps reduce the occurrence of allergic reactions. But just use of hypoallergenic jewellery is not enough to prevent infections. The first step to an infection free piercing is choosing the right piercing studio.
How to choose the right piercing studio
- Search the internet or look in the yellow pages for piercing studios. Do your research on them and look for online reviews on the same.
- Ask family and friends for recommendations of studios they have had experience with. Enquire with them about the studios you found details of online. Word of mouth is a reliable source when it comes to body art, so if you see someone with piercings that you like ask them where they had it done.
- Pick a properly licensed piercing studio. Check the credentials and licensing information of the studio by visiting the studio’s website, or by calling the studio directly and asking for the necessary information. If your country or state has no recognised certifications or regulations about piercing standards, then pick the most trusted brand name of salon or piercing studio.
- Pay the studio a visit and ask to be given a tour. The studio most importantly must be clean and hygienic. If possible try and watch them at work performing a piercing or two to observe their procedure. Check out their sterilization procedure and notice if they strictly adhere to it. All good piercing studios must have an autoclave where they sterilize all their reusable piercing equipment between each piercing.
- Ask to look at their piercing equipment and jewellery and make sure it is from a trusted brand. Take a look at the storage facility of the instruments and piercing tools and make sure it is dry and hygienic.
- Enquire about the artist who will be performing your piercing. Try to find an experienced one and certifications are always an added bonus. Ask to see his portfolio to see how his piercings have healed. All artists must wear medical gloves during the entire procedure. Never let an inexperienced hand pierce you.
- Ask to see the aftercare information. Make sure the information is current and is keeping up with the latest research in body piercing care.
- Also avoid any studio which uses non disposable guns for body piercing, as piercing guns cannot be sterilized. Piercing guns such as STUDEX offer single use pre-sterilized cartridges for piercing in which the only item that comes in contact with the client is the barbell which has sterilization lot info branded on packaging. Select studios that only such trusted brands as piercing instruments and jewellery.
A good studio will always be willing to show you their facilities and answer any questions you have in mind. They will most importantly make you feel comfortable enough with the studio and the artist to put your confidence in them. This coupled with Interacting with the artist and staff must give you sufficient information to make a decision. Don’t pick a studio only because it is cheap and affordable. In the case of piercings, it is always wise to shell out a little more and choose a legit and reputed studio for an infection free piercing experience.
While getting a piercing done one of the major concerns faced is an allergic reaction to certain metals. Intrusive metal jewellery into our skin is a foreign body which the body will initially try to repel if it is not hypoallergenic. This could manifest itself in the form of metal hyper sensitivity. So it’s recommended to reduce prolonged exposure of such metals to the skin and it is best to avoid it completely.
While nickel is the most common allergy, other metals like surgical steel and copper can cause allergies too. A nickel allergy will usually result in localized swelling, irritation, redness or itchiness. In most cases the reaction is similar to dermatitis due to the fact that the contact is with the skin. People with extra sensitive skin must use an antibiotic cream or ointment before and after inserting the piercing. They must remove the jewellery at night giving the skin time to recover. For many individuals, an allergy will show up within a few hours of putting in the earrings. If the symptoms of a new swelling do not decrease within a reasonable amount of time or get worse over time, make sure you get medical attention.
When this happens it discourages people from wearing jewellery or getting themselves pierced. One way to avoid allergic reactions is to figure out which metals you are allergic to and avoid using them as piercing tools or as jewellery. Since it is not practical to test every metal to look for allergic reactions, the best alternative is to use jewellery and piercing tools made of only hypoallergenic metals.
Hypoallergenic, meaning “below normal” or “slightly” allergenic is a term used to describe items that cause fewer allergic reactions or no reactions at all in most cases. Hypoallergenic metals do not irritate the skin and are considered inert as far as interacting with your skin is concerned.
Metals which are considered hypoallergenic are
- Pure gold
- Surgical steel
Hypoallergenic metals are usually pure metals and hence are not prone to cause negative reactions with human body tissue. There are a lot of jewels and instruments out there which claim to be made of pure metals and hypoallergenic but they are just alloys coated with silver, gold or other hypoallergenic metals. So it is best to invest in tools and jewellery from a trusted brand which can provide you assurance of its claims.
Hypoallergenic jewellery is a boon to jewellery lovers. It offers them the aesthetic benefits of accessorizing without the dreaded fear of developing an allergic reaction.
Choosing the right jewelry to buy can be a tricky, confusing and sometimes even frustrating experience. The following article will help you choose the jewelry to buy based on your skin tone, the factor that crucially affects your choice.
Determine Your Skin Tone.
Locate an area on your body where veins are visible, usually the wrist serves as a good reference point. Based on the color of your veins, your skin tone may fall into one of two categories, cool or warm.
Cool skin tones are identifiable by bluish colored veins. People with cooler skin tones may notice pinkish or rosy-red undertones when looking in the mirror. Most people have cool skin, including people with dark skin and tan skin.
Warm skin tones are identifiable by greenish colored veins. People with warmer skin tones may notice yellow or golden-apricot undertones when looking in the mirror… People with darker skin are not usually warm-skinned.
Pick a metal and a complementary color:
Cool skin tones favor metals such as silver, platinum, and white gold. Metals:Warm skin tones favor metals such as gold, pewter, brass, and copper.
Complementary Colors:Cool skin tones favor stones such as white pearls and diamonds.
Stone color should focus on jewel tones such as pinks, purples, blues, reds, and magentas. Warm skin tones favor stones such as coral or golden toned pearls. Stone color should focus on more earthy tones such as browns, oranges, greens, yellows, peaches, corals, and also turquoises.